The VALBY® GR60HD is a large log grapple designed for large excavators, large log truck loaders, farm tractor forwarders and backhoes. Many Valby GR60HD Grapples have been sold as replacements for KinshoferTM Grapples and PrenticeTM Loader Grapples.
The main features are:
- The GR60HD is manufactured using Hardox steel. Hardox is a very hard and durable steel used by quality manufacturers for grapples that require exceptional strength.
- The "HD" version means this model has extra plating in high-stress areas of the grapple body, and thicker steel in the jaws. This allows the grapple to be used with rigid rotators in high-stress applications.
- VALBY® Grapples close down to a tight minimum opening to maintain control of any size log.
- A large, powerful cylinder.
- Double connection rods for good balance and less stress.
- An excellent geometry. The bypass design of the jaws enables a smooth roll-in and roll-out of the logs, enabling a controlled grab or release. See the Motion Drawing below.