The VALBY® GR55HD is a medium-sized log grapple designed for mini-excavators, medium log truck loaders, farm tractor forwarders, backhoes and skid steer loaders.
The main features are:
- The GR55HD is manufactured using Hardox steel. Hardox is a very hard and durable steel used by quality manufacturers for grapples that require exceptional strength.
- The "HD" version means this model has extra plating in high-stress areas of the grapple body, and thicker steel in the jaws. This allows the grapple to be used with rigid rotators in high-stress applications.
- VALBY® Grapples close down to a tight minimum opening to maintain control of any size log.
- A large, powerful cylinder.
- Double connection rods for good balance and less stress.
- An excellent geometry. The bypass design of the jaws enables a smooth roll-in and roll-out of the logs, enabling a controlled grab or release. See the Motion Drawing below.